Please join the Connecticut Chapter of NACD on Thursday, June 26th, 2014, for a breakfast panel discussion that will explore the board's role in preparing for financial and accounting challenges - both in assessing the risks that may lie in wait, and responding to investors and other constituencies when financial challenges are realized. Our expert panel will share their insight as to how best to prepare your board for both the expected and unexpected financial challenges when faced with them.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Communicating with investors & other constituencies - when and how much should be shared?
- Identifying risk in the areas of the company you "are not worried about"
- Looking beyond the "risk of the moment" to identify and prepare for greater risks that may yet lie ahead
- Proactive process development and implementation, and honing your hindsight before it's needed
- Understanding how your company makes its money and where
and much more, so please join us!
Suzanne M. Hopgood, President & CEO, The Hopgood Group; Multi-Board Director
Bonnie Malley, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Phoenix Cos. Inc.
Lizabeth Zlatkus, Director, Legal & General; Former Chief Risk Officer, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.